Here at Suffolk Online we provide a dedicated technical support line to help you with any queries or problems you should have with the service. With no premium call charges and a knowledgeable, friendly support team the support we offer you, should you need it, is top class.
If you do have any queries or problems with the service then don't hesitate to contact us on 01473 345305 or 0845 458 3525 during the opening office hours of 9am-5pm during weekdays. If you have problems outside these hours you can always use our specially builthelpdesk site that provides you helpful information on how to help yourself diagnose and solve the problem.
1. Can I sign up if I'm not from Suffolk?
Yes, Suffolk Online is a service that is available nationwide in the UK.
2. Does Suffolk Online still provide free computers ?
No, this part of the project finished several years ago.
3. Can I use Suffolk Online if I don't have a BT line?
Sadly not, our service only supports users with a standard BT line.
4. What can I do if I can't complete the sign-up process using the CD or through the website?
Please contact the helpdesk on 01473 345305 or 0845 458 3525 and we will take you through the process manually
5. What happens when I get to the end of my 30 hours on the Light User Dialup tariff?
You can still access the internet through our Local Call Rate number 0845 604 3365 until the cycle refreshes on your monthly billing date. Please remember to change this number back to 0808 9930396 after this date.
6. How can I add extra email addresses to my account?
Call the helpdesk on 01473 345305 and we can add the email address to our system and we can also take you through the setup on your own system.
7. What does Fair Use policy mean in regards to your broadband services ?
Fair use means essentially unlimited but should we see that you are downloading extreme amounts of data then we may throttle down your service in terms of speed or further downloading capacity. This is put in place to make sure everybody gets "fair use" of our ADSL service. Please see our Fair Use Policy guide for more information.
8. Does Pay As You Go mean you pay for every hour you're on the broadband?
No, pay as you go simply refers to the fact that you have a restriced amount of data to "download" each month and that you may need to pay to purchase more data. Each time you go on the Internet or download an email you download a piece of data and this adds up to a total each month.
9. What happens when i go over my alloted data usage limit on one of Suffolk Online's broadband tariffs?
We receive information on any users usage at the end of each month, at this point we will write to you by email or letter informing you that you have exceeded your monthly limit and you will be billed an extra £2 for each additional 1GB of data you use on your next monthly billing date.
10. With your broadband service can you still be on the phone and use the broadband at the same time ?
Yes, our broadband service works like any other broadband service
11. Are there any minimum contracts on Suffolk Online's broadband products ?
No, there aren't any minimum contracts on our broadband products - unlike most other Internet Service Providers. We have a standard 30 day rule for cancellations.
12. Am i able to change broadband products easily ?
Yes, simply give us a call on 01473 345305 or email us at email@example.com and we can arrange for your broadband product to be changed. This process can take between 7-10 days.
13. Am i able to migrate from another Broadband provider ?
Yes, simply give us a call on 01473 345305 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) code from your current provider and we can migrate you to Suffolk Online. This process can take between 7-10 days and migrations have an activation charge of £15.
14. Is Suffolk Online Broadband wireless capable ?
Yes, our broadband service works like any other broadband service and as long as you purchase a wireless router and any other wireless equipment you need for the individual computers themselves then your computers will be able to work wirelessly.
15. If i have my own broadband hardware does Suffolk Online support this technically ?
Yes, we will do our best to support any broadband hardware that you may or may not use.
16. Do Suffolk Online monitor broadband usage for Peer to Peer usage and other types of downloads ?
Yes, we do monitor Internet access to a certain level. Any extreme cases of breaking our terms and conditions detailed here will be notified in due course with any follow up action.
17. If i have any problem with any computer hardware that i have is there anyone available to come out and see me ?
Yes, we have engineer who is not contracted to us but is available for approximately £20 per hour plus any hardware costs. This engineer does only cover certain areas of Suffolk so please call the helpdesk and we can tell you whether this is something he can do for you.
18. Can i run my business using one of your home broadband products ?
Yes, however the support and service levels are designed for home users and therefore unlike the Pro Products we offer we cannot guarantee any preferential service or support levels if you are using a home product for a business service.
19. Can you get phone services with Suffolk Online currently ?
No, not at the moment unfortunately, although we are hopefuly that by August 2008 this will be in place enabling you to save even more money on your line rental and call packages with your current provider. You can join our affinity scheme however which enables you to give back to your local community by switching your phone line to our suppliers The Phone Coop and a local charity, Suffolk ACRE, gets 6% of all your call charges.
20. Am i unable to get support for non Internet related enquiries ?
Yes, unlike 99% of other major Internet Service Providers (ISP), Suffolk Online as a good will gesture and as a way to set ourselves apart from most other ISP's does endeavour to help any customer with non Internet related queries i.e Microsoft Word, printers, solving viruses etc. This potentially could save you hundreds of pounds on using expensive IT professionals or computer shops.
- Data Limits
- Package Comparison
- Switch to Suffolk Online
- Moving House?
- Order Broadband
- Fair Usage Policy
- Traffic Management
Web Hosting & Email