Setup Suffolk Online E-Mail in Mozilla Thunderbird
If you are finding yourself unable to get online then this can be due to a number of reasons. Here are the steps to follow in order to either setup a connection from scratch or to delete an exisiting connection and resetup again.
Setting up Suffolk Online E-Mail in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird
- Select Tools from the Top
- Click on Account Settings
- Down on the bottom lefted of the account settings
- Click on Add Account
- Select E-Mail account click next
- In the Your Name enter in Your name
- In the Email address box enter in your Suffolk Online E-Mail Address
- Enter in your password
- Thunderbord will then automatically go and collect the server names for you if not you can select Manual Setup.
(If you choose Manual Setup you will be taken back to the main account settings window where you can fill out the details fthat are needed. If you are not sure what thses are. You can find them on our general settings page)
- Select POP from the type of incoming mail server box
- In the Server Name box type in: pop3.suffolkonline.net
- Click Next
- In the Username box enter in your Suffolk Online Username
- At the bottom of the Left Hand Box select Outgoing Server (SMTP), then click add on the right hand side
- In the description enter in Suffolk Online and In Server Name enter: relay.suffolkonline.net. These settings can be also found under our general settings section.
- Under Security and Authenication you shouldnt need to use 'Use name and password' so this can be unticked.
- Your will then see a screen that shows you all the settings that you have entered. Please varify that these are correct and click Finish
- Click Ok it will then take you back to thunderbird
Remember if you cannot find help for your particular problem here then you can always contact the Suffolk Online Helpdesk:
Telephone 01473 345305 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outlook 2002
- Outlook 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook Express
- Windows Vista Mail
- Windows Live Mail
- Iphone & Ipod Touch
- OSX Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Outgoing Mail
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- Broadband FAQ
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Wireless Security
- Connecting to Wireless