Setup Suffolk Online E-Mail in Apple Mac OS X Mail
If you are finding yourself unable to get online then this can be due to a number of reasons. Here are the steps to follow in order to either setup a connection from scratch or to delete an exisiting connection and resetup again.
Setting up Suffolk Online E-Mail in Mac OS X Mail
- Locate the 'Maill' in the dock at the bottom of the screen
- Once Mail has loaded click on Mail at the top
- If you have not setup any accounts yet then a wizard should appear to help you through the process
- Click on Accounts in the Mail Preferences Window
- Click Create an Account
- Choose POP3 Account type from the Popup Menu
- In the Description field, type any name you want to identify this email address with.
- Click Ok when finished.
- In the E-Mail Address box enter in your Suffolk Online E-Mail Address
- In the Full Name Box enter in your name
- Under 'Incoming Mail Server' enter in pop3.suffolkonline.net
- Under Username enter in the first part of your email address before the @ symbol
- In the Password Box enter in your password
- Under the outgoing mail server (SMTP) click 'Server Settings'
- In the outgoing server box enter in: relay.suffolkonline.net
- Authenication should be sent to None
- Username should be your suffolkonline username
- Password your suffolkonline password.
- Click Ok
- Click on the X in the top left hand corner this will normally be a Red spot.
Remember if you cannot find help for your particular problem here then you can always contact the Suffolk Online Helpdesk:
Telephone 01473 345305 or email us at email@example.com.
- Outlook 2002
- Outlook 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook Express
- Windows Vista Mail
- Windows Live Mail
- Iphone & Ipod Touch
- OSX Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Outgoing Mail
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- Broadband FAQ
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Wireless Security
- Connecting to Wireless