Setup a Dialup Connection in Windows Vista
f you are finding yourself unable to get online then this can be due to a number of reasons. Here are the steps to follow in order to either setup a connection from scratch or to delete an exisiting connection and resetup again.
Creating the connection.
- Click 'Start'.
- Go to 'Control Panel' on the right hand side
- Select 'Classic View' from the left hand side
- Locate in Control Panel 'Network & Sharing Center'.
- Under 'Tasks' on the left hand side select 'Manage Network Connections'
- If there is already a Suffolk Online Connection setup under Dialup
- Select from the left hand menu 'Setup up a connection or network'
- You should then see a lift of options to select from in a box that will have appeared on your screen.
- Click on 'Setup a Dialup Connection'
- Select 'Next' from the bottom
- You should then see the section labelled 'Information give to you by your ISP' you will need to enter the following information as described below.
- In the phone number box enter the Phone number given to your by Suffolk Online. If your not sure what this is ring the helpdesk on the number below or you can view our page on general settings page and find the number according to the package your on
- Enter your username in the username box this can be in the form of 'username' or 'email@example.com'. This should also be in your welcome letter.
- Click in the password box and enter your password. This should of also been included in your welcome letter.
- Check the 'Remember my password tickbox'
- In the connection name box type in 'Suffolk Online'
- Finally Click Create, this should take you to the box ready for you to connect or you can click cancel and go online later
Remember if you cannot find help for your particular problem here then you can always contact the Suffolk Online Helpdesk:
Telephone 01473 345305 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outlook 2002
- Outlook 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook Express
- Windows Vista Mail
- Windows Live Mail
- Iphone & Ipod Touch
- OSX Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Outgoing Mail
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- Broadband FAQ
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Wireless Security
- Connecting to Wireless