Setup D-Link 200 ADSL Modem
Thank you for signing up to Suffolk Online Broadband. Below is a guide on what you should have received with your Modem and how to set it up..
- 1 x D-Link 200 ADSL Modem
- 1 x ADSL Line Cable (RJ11)
- 1 x Setup CD
- 2 x Mircofilters
- 1 x Manual
This Modem Supports the following operating systems:
- Below is what is an is illustration on what you should have received. Version 3.0 is the latest one.
Here are the steps to take in order to install your modem onto your PC or Apple Macintosh Computer
1. Fit a micro filter in between the wall socket and each device that shares the telephone line. This is not only telephones but can also include fax machines, burglar alarms, and any satellite equipment. Your modem pack will come with 2 filters but if you need more you can purchase these from any good computer store e.g dixons or PC World. We can also supply them for £4 each.
2. Plug the telephone cable into the DSL socket on the modem, and plug the other end into the micro filter socket marked DSL. * (You may find this is already plugged into the mdoem side. So you may only have to plug this into the DSL socket on the filter)
3. At this point do NOT plug the USB cable into the PC. Place the install CD into your PC. If the wizard doesnt start click on click on start, run then type in X:\setup.exe where X is the drive letter of your CD/DVD-Rom drive.
4. Select the language you wish to see the installtion instructions.
5. Follow the on screen instructions. Most settings are standard so you can leave them as needed.
6. If asked to plug in your ADSL modem into a free Avaliable USB port on your PC do so. Otherwise follow step 7 below.
7. Restart your computer and once reloaded plug in your modem into a avaliable USB port. You should then see a ballon on the botton right to say its found new hardware wait until its says its installed.
8. Locate and double click the D-link Dialup icon on the desktop.
9. Enter in your Suffolk Online username which will be in the form of either your full phone number or your chosen username @suffolkonline.net
10. Enter in your Suffolk Online Password and click Connect.
Remember if you cannot find help for your particular problem here then you can always contact the Suffolk Online Helpdesk:
Telephone 01473 345305 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outlook 2002
- Outlook 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook Express
- Windows Vista Mail
- Windows Live Mail
- Iphone & Ipod Touch
- OSX Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Outgoing Mail
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- Broadband FAQ
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Wireless Security
- Connecting to Wireless